Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Saskatchewan election results. 9:30 Wed Nov 7

Last I looked the results were: Sask Party leading or elected in 35 and NDP in 23. I guess I was a bit pessimistic in predicting 37 for Sask party and 21 for the NDP. The city battles are quite close so that the large spread in popular vote in favor of the Sask. Party is a bit misleading.
The NDP is so far to the right from my point of view that it doesn't really make a huge difference if the Sask. Party gets in as far as I can see. I will be watching to see what comes of Enterprise Saskatchewan and if it is used as a vehicle for quite right wing programs of the sort Devine initiated. However given that the NDP still will have strong representation especially in the cities, Wall may be cautious about moving too much further to the right than the NDP. Why would he bother? Wall does not seem a dyed in the wool right wing ideologue. He wants power not ideological purity!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Damn. I was hoping for referendums on publicly funded abortion services as promised by his party in days past.