Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Stelmach Stun Gun

Stelmach stunned those Calgary media and Oil Patch Dinning supporters. The Calgary kingmakers have lost power to rural Alberta and it would seem difficult for them to usurp power from Stelmach or dethrone him anytime soon. They will just have to learn how to work with him. Rather than lose seats or even a majority Stelmach added 12 and left only 9 for the Libs and 2 for the hapless NDP.
This is from the Ottawa Citizen.
My predictions were as I thought too low on the Conservatives even though I predicted more than anyone who wrote in to Calgary Grit! I guess I read too many articles suggesting how browned off Albertans were and thought this might change the outcome even though the polls showed a quite different story. The media sure knows how to cherry pick polls sometimes.

No comments: